Tuesday, December 13

Christmas Decorations Galore!!


Christmas has got to be my favorite holiday!! Love all the decorations and lights. Carole here today and I have to tell you I've been having a blast molding and casting all sorts of "Christmas-y things. Amazing Mold Putty is so easy to use and the casting resin gives such great results!! You’ve got to these Amazing Crafting Products out. I’ve got several projects to share with you, so let’s get started.

Here’s my wall hanging. I love bitsy, tiny things and was thrilled to molds the little ornaments in these pigeon holes. Each opening is just shy of 2” square. I painted the unfinished wood with acrylic glitter paint and lined each opening with Christmas-themed papers.

Here are the molds I used and close ups of the finished castings with descriptions of how I finished them:


Bells and Holly – painted finished Amazing Casting Resin
casting with gold metallic acrylic paint.


Wreath – Amazing Casting Resin dyed green; 
mold dusted with Alumilite Metallic Pearlescent Powder before casting.


Reindeer – silver gilding applied to the finished Amazing Casting Resin casting.


embellished with red and gold Stickles.

And here are a few other items I’ve molded for Christmas. Both the metal Santa and the wreath with the horn were attached to groady cookie tins that I rescued from a thrift shop. Pried these pieces off the lids and chucked the tins.

   

I’m going to use the Santa’s as package decorations. Here are three different ways that I finished them: using Alumilite Silver Metallic Powder dusted in the mold before casting with Amazing Clear Cast Resin; Alumilite Gold Metallic Powder and Amazing Casting Resin; and Amazing Casting Resin sprayed with glitter spray after curing.


The wreath and horn were each made with Amazing Casting Resin and Alumilite Metallic Powders dusted in the molds – silver for the wreath and bronze for the horn – before pouring in the resin.


I love the fact that there are so many finish treatments that you can use on the cast pieces.

You can see more of my projects and purchase the Amazing Mold Putty and Resins to complete these ornaments at Create & Craft.  ~ Carole

5 comments:

  1. Awesome job Carole! These are great!!! Great recycling of parts from grody old tins. Sb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want some of this, guess after the first, i'll order it, we don't have craft stores in my neck o' the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wreath with the pearlescent powder is simply lovely! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these turned out so great. I love finding "little treasures" to cast also and you have some awesome finds. Great job

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...