Thursday, March 1

Shamrock Door Chime



St. Patrick's Day is right around the corner and I really wanted to do a St.Patrick's Day Project this year.

A couple of years ago I bought dollies on Clearance at Michael's I paid $0.25 for a pack.  Last Year I glued the dollie to a cereal box  and made decorations.  I decided I wanted to mold the shamrocks and cast them in resin.

Materials:
Dollies
Smaller Shamrock (mine was an old cereal box painted)
Amazing Mold Putty
Amazing Casting Resin
Allumilite Gold Metallic Powder
Ribbon
Bells
Paint (Apple Barrel® Foliage Green and Folk Art® Metallic Christmas Green)

The shamrock dollie

Molding the shamrock in Amazing Mold Putty

Resin setting in the molds - I used wax paper as a base because I had a huch I would make a mess.

Painted stringing them together and adding bells to ribbon.

Finished hanging on the door.

2 comments:

  1. These are so pretty!! Brilliant idea!
    Nat -x-

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute! This shamrock would make a sweet pin, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...