Saturday, September 22

Making Clay Tools Using Amazing Mold Putty

You know that saying 'All good things must come to an end"??? It is true and a very good thing comes to an end for me today. This is my final post with the Amazing Mold Putty Design Team. My six month term is coming to an close and I will miss the team, but it is time for me to move ahead and allow some fresh, new talent to show what they've got <3

I have loved being on this DT and over the past six months I have made some pretty awesome projects, if I do say so myself :D

I was able to preserve, forever, a four leaf clover that Christopher found in our back yard.



I made my own frozen Charlotte from a vintage doll that I got at a yard sale.



And I learned that Amazing Mold Putty is pretty handy and can be used for more than just making traditional molds.

 

Which leads me to today's post. I have been working with clay a lot lately and I have been on the search for the perfect clay tools. I really wanted some soft, pliable tools to use in places where my fingers are just too big. I was unable to find what I had in mind, so I decided to make my own. I had a clay tool with a nice long handle, so I decided to make soft, interchangeable covers that would go on the end of the handle.




I mixed up equal amounts of part A and part B of my Amazing Mold Putty, and while it was in the 'molding' phase, I molded it into the desired tool shape and pulled some of the putty down around the handle. I let it set for 15 minutes and then made the next shape. Within an hour I had created the exact tools I had been searching for, for months! They are the perfect tool for clay because they are soft, flexible and smooth.





 I hope you found this project helpful and I hope you have enjoyed all of my work on this team. I will still be around the internet, on other Design Teams, on Live shows and on YouTube. I hope you will continue to follow me on those adventures <3

2 comments:

  1. This is interesting, I like the idea of creating tools we need. I never would have thought to use my AMP, TFS Excellent. I will miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good idea! The putty won't stick to the paperclay after it cures...and would be flexible. AWESOME idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...