Tuesday, April 8

APRIL Fool's Meets Amazing Crafting Products... #Cre8time Challenge for April


Hello Everyone! Susan here to bring you a little devilish inspiration today! Today is April 8th... Cre8time Challenge Day and I'm challenging you to take a little CRE8TIME today and make something fun! Last week brought us April Fool's Day and social media was buzzing with ideas and photos of creative pranks. I came across a cute prank which involved painting a bar of soap with clear nail polish to seal and replace in the soap dish... resulting in soap that doesn't work. LOL!!!

I certainly don't have the patience to sit and methodically paint a bar of soap with nail polish - BUT - with my Amazing Crafting Products... I could pull this one off! I thought this would be the perfect prank against my husband and over the weekend I hijacked our halfway used bar of soap from the shower. I have my Amazing Mold Putty at the ready to mold a dummy bar of soap casted in a mixture of Amazing Casting ResinAlumilite Pearlescent Powder, and Fluorescent "FLO" Green Dye.


Before molding your bar of soap in Amazing Mold Putty – make sure that the soap is dry and totally free of moisture {meaning not fresh from the soap dish}. I prepared a batch of Amazing Mold Putty following the easy instructions and pressed around my bar of soap. Then I prepared a batch of Amazing Casting Resin mixed with Alumilite Pearlescent Powder and two drops of the Fluorescent "FLO" Green Dye... when cured, this gives a perfect minty green with a bit of variagated swirls – just like a real bar of soap. In about 15 minutes my cast resin duplicate was cured and ready for it's debut!


After a little sanding with emory board, I sprayed the resin piece with olive oil spray, then buffed with a towel to mimick the sheen of the soap and to gloss up the sanded edges. It even weighs about the same as my used bar of soap original.


Can you tell the real from the FAKE???

I'm really impressed with how real this fabulous FAUX soap looks and feels. This should make for some fun in the very near future... and make great gifts, too. There's nothing like some good harmless fun!

What AMAZING arts and crafts
will you make with your Cre8time today???

Thanks for visiting! If you would like to see more of my creations,

please visit my blog sbartist : painting in the dark by clicking here. ~ Susan

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...