Friday, June 6

Ode to a Dear Old Friend... AMAZING Inspiration from Brenda Burfeind

Good day crafters, Brenda here again from Creativity is a State of Mind. I haven't been much in the crafting mood lately with so much happening in my personal life. Before we went on vacation we had to put our 13 years old dog down. She was so much a part of our lives and it was a really hard decision, but the best one for her. With a heavy heart we set off to our fabulous Florida vacation and had a great time. I got to meet the wonderful, amazing Susan in person and had a fun day of artful junque-ing. We found some really cool trinkets that I cannot wait to create with, but for this inspiration post I will be creating a momento of our beloved Sandi.


When we put her to sleep I kept her collar. I wasn't sure what I would do with it, but it was the only thing I really wanted. While on vacation I kept pondering what I would do with it and one day whilst shopping it hit me. I had seen all these touristy places that sold "Florida Keepsake Keychains". Well, that's when inspiration hit me. I would make a keychain for all the my kids to remember their dog by since there was only one collar and hard to share among 3 kids... this old buckle will make a useful keychain keepsake.

Once we got home and things settled down,
I puller her collar out and took the buckle off.


And of course using my Amazing Mold Putty, Amazing Casting Resin
and Alumilite Metallic Powder in Silver, I created this...


I drilled a hole, added a few jump rings and some ball chain –
making each of my kids a keychain of Sandi's buckle from her collar. 


They loved it and this is a great way for them
to a have a piece of Sandi with them at all times. 

What cherished item would you
transform into a keepsake gift?

I hope I've inspired you to create multiples from a momento of something you have cherished and transform it into a keepsake to share.

Thanks for stopping by and hope to see you again real soon.

I'd love for you to come check out my more of my work at my blog here.

 • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word you just brought me to tears. I recently had to make the same decision with our cat Pippie that we had for 13 years. I also saved her collar and LOVE this idea and could make a few for many people that loved our Pippie. Thank you so much for sharing and so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn, I'm so sorry for your loss. It was such a hard decision but the best one for her. I'm glad you liked my Keychain and if you make something similar, please let me know. I'd love to see it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...