Friday, June 13

Tina Walker... An AMAZING Featured Artist Spotlight


Greetings AMAZING Crafters! Today we have a fun questionnaire that we posed to our Featured Artist Tina Walker! Have fun getting to know her a little better! For more information about Tina's project above... please CLICK HERE. :) Sb

A little bit about Tina...



I am a working mom, working outside the home. My children are grown, so much of my inspiration comes from my two French bulldogs, Moose & Flikka. They have quite the reputation in the scrapbook world. I currently live in Salt Lake City, Utah, but am a Mid West girl by heart. (Go Buckeyes!)

I dabbled in scrapbooking approximately 15 years ago and would create in bursts of artistic energy, but it wasn't until 4 years ago when I really started to be 'obsessed' with Scrapbooking. I have been blessed to have been published in Somerset Memories, Artful Blogging, Scrapbook Trends, and Creating Keepsakes.

My current obsession and love is getting my hands messy with all sorts of mediums: paints, inks, sprays – you name it!  The more mixed, the better.  But, you can frequently see me ‘jump’ from project type to project type.  As they say, variety is the spice of life!


You can see more of my scrapbook, Home Décor, and mixed media projects on my blog, "A Dog's Lifeat http://adogslife-thirteen.blogspot.com.


• • • • •

Some fun questions for the inquiring minds...


What did you want to be when you grew up?
As early as I can remember, I wanted to be a veterinarian. I have always loved all types of animals and the thought of helping them makes me happy. I made it through elementary, middle school, high school and 2 years of college before I changed my mind. After 2 years of Pre-Vet college education, my ‘dream’ shifted from Vet to Fashion Apparel Buyer.

Yeah, big change! My degree changed to Marketing, which is what I graduated with, but my career took me down yet another path – International Trade/Export & Import. I am a licensed Customs-house Broker, which is the equivalent of a CPA for accountants. I’ve ‘done this’ for almost 30 years. It pays for my obsession – CREATING ART! Creating is a passion and something that I must do to keep my sanity and my head clear.

Coke or Pepsi???

Is this even a question?? COKE 100% all the way!


What inspires you?
Hmmm…this is a good question. I ‘absorb’ inspiration from my surroundings. From a colorful truck going by, to a walk through a local hardware store. To a magazine ad, to searching the internet for ideas. To a song on the radio, or a new product or technique.  There isn’t one source that I tend to gravitate towards.

What is the TOP thing to do on your "Bucket LIST"?


Visit New Zealand and/or Italy.

Milford Sound, one of New Zealand's most famous tourist destinations {photo via Wikipedia}.

If you could print any phrase
on a T-shirt, what would it say?

I would probably design a t-shirt with a saying that really drives my kids nuts.  
‘Woot-Woot’ 
Yes, they will understand it, but the rest of the world will not.


If you could mold ANYTHING with
Amazing Mold Putty, what would it be?

My dog????  Is that even possible???  Moose & Flikka better watch out.

{Hmmm - sort of Tina... have you seen this project by Tanya Ruffin???}


What style of music gets your creative juices going?

I am a country girl by heart… so I am usually listening to country.
But I ‘go back’ to my roots from time to time and rock out to the 80’s station.  ;)

• • • • •

Thanks for stopping by today! We hope you enjoyed this fun visit Tina WalkerTina will be joining us with another project next Tuesday... please be sure to SAVE-the-Date! You can see more of Tina's scrapbook, Home Décor, and mixed media projects on her blog, "A Dog's Lifeat http://adogslife-thirteen.blogspot.com.

• • • • • • • • • • • • 


Have a wonderfully creative Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Cool piece Tina! I am glad you are finding the clear casting resin lots of fun. I love using it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...