Thursday, December 18

From Junking Find to #Cre8time Christmas Ornament... by Brenda Burfeind

Good day friends. Brenda with Creativity is a State of Mind with a unusual Christmas Ornament. If you follow me over at my blog at all, you know I love to go junking. I recently discovered a new "junk shop" in town and couldn't wait to get over there. Let me tell you, I was in heaven! I found this gentleman on Facebook and am totally amazed in the things he does. If you are at all a junker, go check out his Facebook page here. I explained what I do to Jon, and he is willing to let me come in an make molds of unique pieces as long as I continue to support him on Facebook and on my blog. Oh yeah!!!

Anyhow, I came across a few things that I purchased and I will share these over at my blog within the next couple of weeks. Today though I am sharing this AMAZING project with you here!


This piece totally intrigued me. I'm really not quite sure what it is and why, but I had to have it. It is very heavy and therefore I knew I for sure would be making a mold of it with the Amazing Mold Putty. That's one of the great things about using the Amazing Casting Products. You can take a very heavy object and turn it into a lightweight ornament and that is exactly what I did...


I mixed up my Amazing Mold Putty – you can view mixing instructions here.  Then I added some Alumilite Gun Metal Metallic Powder to my Amazing Casting Resin Part "A" and mixed thoroughly. You can view those mixing instructions here. Once that was mixed together well, I added my Part "B" and mixed again and poured into my mold. My original item is on the left of my mold, and cast resin piece on the right. 


Then I gently rubbed some of the Alumilite Gold Metallic Powder over my piece. 


Then added color with all the other fun Alumidusts. So many possibilities... 


and now I have a new and very unique Christmas Ornament that won't weigh down my branches! Remember what I said earlier about lightweight...


Thanks for stopping by and I would love it if you told me
what unique item you would mold for a Christmas Ornament.

Until next time, happy crafting ~ Brenda
 Please visit my blog, Creativity is a State of Mind
to see more of my creations.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...