Thursday, February 12

Passion Heart for Valentine's... Rhinestone and Resin Sacred Heart Pendant by Tanya Ruffin


This is where my art history background becomes visible. I love religious symbolism, jewelry, decor, etc... My favorite period is medieval and one of my favorite symbols is the sacred heart.

I decided to make my own clunky sacred heart charm using air dry clay, Amazing Mold Rubber, Amazing Casting Resin, red rhinestones, red rhinestone paper and red, orange and yellow glitter.


I started off with some air dry clay. I made a scared heart charm and was so excited that I forgot to take a photo of it.  I let the charm air dry and then made a mold using Amazing Mold Rubber {CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}.


I ended up sacrificing the clay piece removing it from the mold. 


Then using Amazing Casting Resin, I cast a charm.
I used a file to clean up the flames a little. 

Now, pull out the glitter! I had Tulip Fashion Glitter on hand so that is what I used. It worked GREAT! I glittered the heart because you will would be able to see the white in between the rhinestones. This creates a nice background. 

You can use Amazing Clear Cast Resin, glue, mod podge or whatever you have on hand to cover the surface with glitter. I used white glue. I glittered the heart red and the flames, yellow and orange and let dry {it takes about 20 minutes}. 


Now take out your red rhinestones and start at the top of the heart and work your way down. I mixed up a small amount of Amazing Clear Cast Resin and dripped a small amount on the surface and a q-tip to place the rhinestones. I placed about 2 rows along the sides and put one rhinestone on each of the flame tips.


After wearing it one night I noticed it did flip around a lot – so I glued some red rhinestone paper from the Buckle Boutique to the back of the pendant.


Now if it flips around, it won't be as obvious!


I ran a row of rhinestone stickers next to the real rhinestones. 


I am pleasantly shocked at how cool this came out!
I also cast a clay heart with wings that will be my next project!

How will you cast and embellish
your own Sacred Heart jewels?

Craft Your Own Way! ~ Tanya

Tanya Ruffin with Create Studios

Please visit my site to see more of my inspiring creations at www.tanyaRuffin.com





• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

1 comment:

  1. I love this Sacred Heart! It's so pretty. Thank you for sharing I hope to try and make one some day.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...