Tuesday, July 14

Summer Vacation Inspires #Cre8time Stars...
by Melissa Johnson


Hello everyone! Today I am sharing a beachy, upcycled home decor project featuring Amazing Casting Products. I like to engage in other mixed media projects from time to time, such as assemblage or making home decor. I was super excited to have the opportunity to work with the Sculpey Clay and the carver set to create some custom items for molding and casting in Amazing Casting Resin.

After our recent vacation at the beach, I was inspired to make something with a beach theme and the first thing I thought of when I got the clay was starfish! Since I normally have a wine bottle or three laying around, I thought it would be fun to upcycle it into a piece that could go on a shelf or be used as a centerpiece.


I created the starfish using the clay and a cookie cutter. I didn't want the star shape to be perfect, so I pulled and shaped the clay into a more "natural" shape. Using the carver set, I carved in the details. After curing the clay pieces, I created molds using Amazing Mold Putty and cast in Amazing Casting Resin. I painted the resin pieces with Golden Titan Buff, and brought out the detail with acrylic ink.


I've been trying to use more of what I have on hand, and luckily I found this awesome sea foam green spray paint in my stash. I used it on the wine bottle.

On to the details... I glued on the starfish using E6000® and added twine, dyed sea shells (graciously donated from my 7 year old daughter), a little bit of lace, a random strand of plastic pearls from my kids art stash, and my Viva pearl pens to create "beads".


Make something that makes you happy :) ~ Melissa Johnson
Please visit my BLOG to see more of my mixed media creations.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Have you always wanted to be part of our team??
We have a call for guest creatives... CLICK HERE for details.
{deadline: July 15, 2015}

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...