Wednesday, August 12

#Cre8time Play Recycled into Sparkling #Fashion Accessories... by Maria Soto


Hi there, this is Maria and today I hope to inspire you with a fun project. I love to see the possibilities in everything I do. One day I noticed I had several empty Duck Tape® rolls and decided to do something with them – some got taped together and turned them into pen holders, or scissor holders... but then I grabbed one and placed it on my arm like a bangle and thought why not! So I got my Amazing Mold Putty, my Westcott scissors and well, it was time to create something fun.


First I measured the empty roll. I didn't like it too wide or too firm so I trimmed the roll a bit, and removed some of the cardboard. Then it was ready for molding. I did like the uneven feel of the roll, but I thought it would be fun if I added Duck Tape® to it. So with no idea in mind, I began to add strips of black and purple duck tape all over the roll inside and out to add a lot of texture to the bangle. I prepared a batch of Amazing Mold Putty and pressed it around my original to create a mold {CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}. I couldn't wait to see how the mold putty would capture all the details from the duck tape – it only took a few minutes for the mold putty to set!

Once the mold was ready it was time to mix up the resin. I was so excited to see how this would look so I decided to use the Amazing Casting Resin first since it sets up pretty fast {CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}. The other reason I love working with this resin, is that it takes any type of paint really good – sure you can mix the colors into the resin, but I like to paint my castings as well.


I loved the texture of the bangle, the Amazing Casting Resin revealed all the detail captured from the duck tape in the mold! It feels good to make your own designs and having these amazing products to help you be as creative as you dare to be.


Now all this bangle needs is a bit of shine! Time to get some Amazing Clear Cast Resin and make it shiny like glass. This resin takes a while longer to set depending on the amount you use and the heat/humidity {CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}.


All I did was use the mixing stick to spread some resin over the cured and painted bangle... then I thought it would be fun to add a few tiny glass beads and some nail colored foil pieces to add more color. The resin serves both as a sealer and glue – everything I added to this jewelry piece will never fall off. Resin is the best adhesive and I love using this on almost everything I create.


Since I had quite a bit of resin left, I went ahead and poured a new bangle, this time I added the colored foil pieces into the resin, left it to cure overnight. Her you can see both, the bangle made using Amazing Casting Resin and the one made using Amazing Clear Cast Resin – both are lovely and look so different.


Let's not forget the bracelet I made using the recycled part of the duck tape roll with the black and purple Duck Tape®... I decided to add some resin over the duck tape. Now I have three new bangles, created by me. Unique jewelry is the best, especially when you can recycle old into new.


What would you recycle into fabulous jewels?

I hope to have inspired you to look around and see what items you can recycle into something new, something fun with Amazing Casting Products.

Thanks for visiting! I invite you to stop over to my blog, "What is Creativityat http://chuy-creativity.blogspot.com to see more of my creations. Maria Soto

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...