Friday, November 20

#Cre8time Play in #Polymer Waves of Blue...
by Lyn Gill

Hi Lyn Gill here again with a project I've had on my mind for a while. The thought of 2 or more resin disks floating together for a pendant... now how to accomplish it? I started this project off with a simple design, created my pieces to mold from polymer clay and got to it!


Using some clay cutters I created this simple design of a hammered metal look for the outer ring and lined waves for the inner disk, then molded them with Amazing Mold Putty {CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}.


I dusted the inside of the mold with the Alumilite Gun Metal Metallic Powder and mixed a small amount in with my resin mix. I used Amazing Casting Resin for this part {CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation.


I love the shimmery look of this part... LOL.


I mixed up the Amazing Clear Cast Resin with some of the Blue Alumilite Dye and poured it into the outer mold {CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}. With the last little bit of resin in the cup, I poured a wave of blue onto the inner disk. I waited until it was a little thicker before pouring it. Then I let these set overnight.


After some sanding and cleanup here's the result – a super fun and interesting pendant! Maybe a little Summery, but I'm always dreaming of Summer... LOL.



What a mix Amazing Casting Products carries to bring your imagination to life!

Thank you so much for joining me today.
You can check out more of my work on my blog.

Happy Thanksgiving!

As always I'm on http://lynzcraftz.blogspot.com/ and other social media – my YouTube Channel at LynzCraftz and on my Facebook Page LynzCraftz.

• • • • • • • • • • • • 

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...