Saturday, July 23

Kristie Taylor... an Amazing Guest Designer Spotlight


Greetings AMAZING Crafters! Today we have a fun questionnaire that we posed to our Guest Designer Kristie Taylor! Have fun getting to know her a little better and enjoy the eye candy, too! :)

A little bit about Kristie...


Hi! I am a mixed media artist and Amazing Casting Products have become a staple in my supply stash. I often browse flea markets and thrift stores looking for things to inspire my next project. Sometimes when inspiration strikes I need to make multiples of something, or the item that I have found is too precious to use... this is where these great products come in handy. I have even been known to carry Amazing Mold Putty in my purse – so if I see something that I can't bring home with me, I can just make a quick mold. I have even molded a door handle! LOL!

• • • • • • • • • • • • 

Some fun questions for the inquiring minds...

• • • • •

What did you want to be when you grew up?
"When I was a small girl, I wanted to be one of two things – either a marine biologist, or a nurse. I went back and forth on which one it would be. Then one day, I realized that I wouldn't enjoy living in a wet swimsuit and smelling like fish all the time. LOLOL! That's when I changed my mind and decided that I wanted to be a nurse. I eventually went to become a nursing assistant, and while working I went to school to become a surgical technician. This means that I am the person that passes the instruments to the surgeon in surgery; i.e: "scrub nurse". And I specialize in open heart surgery. I have been doing this for almost 30 years and I still love it. As you can imagine, it can be very stressful – so I often turn to my art to wind down."

Coke or Pepsi???
"I actually prefer Coke, and for years and years, I drank Diet Coke with lime... lived on that stuff! Then my doctor said I had to quit the diet drinks and I went years without drinking one. Recently I bought one and Eeewww!! How did I drink that crap? It was gross!! LOL!"

What inspires you?
"Oh my gosh, this is a hard question since my inspiration comes form so many different places. Sometime it can come from a leaf on the ground, or maybe a colorful bug. I did a totem recently and the color inspiration for that came from a beetle with its dark emerald green and all the different hues of colors that it had. Sometimes while grocery shopping, I get inspired by advertising... and I have even been known to snap pics of products to use as inspiration later. I just think this big wide world is so full of amazing things, if you just looks around at all the beauty of nature, there is inspiration everywhere!"

What is the TOP thing to do on your "Bucket LIST"?


Sunset at Delicate Arch with background of La Sal Mountains.
Photo taken in Arches National Park, Utah via Wikipedia taken by Palacemusic.
"Ohhhh the bucket list... well so many things, like visiting Ireland... or Australia. I want to fly in a helicopter over the Grand Canyon. I want to hike in Arches National Park... I would love to go all of the artsy retreats... and meet the artists that inspire me. There are soooooo many things that I would love to do. There is just no way to narrow it down to just one."

If you could print any phrase
on a T-shirt, what would it say?
"In my defense, I was left unsupervised"

If you could mold ANYTHING with
Amazing Mold Putty, what would it be?

"An iron gate... a man hole cover with a cool design... 
the inside of a huge clock... LOL! ALL THE THINGS!"


What style of music gets your creative juices going?
"My music tastes are varied, sometimes I enjoy some blues like Stevie Ray Vaughan or Nina Simone, sometime I like a little pop music like Christina Perri or Adele. I also enjoy some heavy metal like Five Finger Death Punch or Disturbed, and I also enjoy Death Cab for Cutie and even ENYA... so, there is no way to narrow it down to just one type... they all work at different times."


• • • • • • • • • • • • 

Thanks so much for dropping by! Be sure to stop back later today for some Amazing Inspiration from Kristie. Pop over and visit her blog, "The Scrapinaterto see more of her amazing work. You can also follow Kristie on her YouTube Channel and on Instagram.

Have a fabulous day! :) Sb

• • • • • • • • • • • • 

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

2 comments:

  1. Kristie is such an inspiration...it's wonderful to see her here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ThanKs so much for having me!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...