Thursday, September 8

Tis the Season for #Cre8time... Christmas Tree Ornament REDUX by Lyn Gill


Hi All! Lyn Gill here again with an Amazing Mold Rubber project for you. First of all I know it's not quite time to start Christmas projects, but I always wait till the last minute to think about how I'm going to decorate my tree. This year I decided to start early... LOL! 

I started with an old hollow decoration from a wreath I had dismantled. He's cute but I wasn't too wild about the color. I needed to make many of them so Amazing Mold Rubber was the answer. 


In a disposable plastic cup I molded the little cherub with the Amazing Mold Rubber and let it set up. CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation.


As you can see I sliced the side of the mold to aid in release. Before pouring resin, I wrapped a rubber band around outside of mold to keep mold closed tight. I filled the mold with Amazing Casting Resin and let it set up. He turned out so cute! I was actually shocked when I de-molded him!


Original...


Amazing!

Now he's adorable isn't he?! I painted him a lovely Turquoise color then added some crackle glaze and a bit of clear glitter on the wings. 

What will you mold with
The possibilities are endless!

Well thanks so much for stopping by today... 
Till Next Time! ~ Lyn

You can also find me on my Blog LynzCraftz
on my  Facebook page LynzCraftz
or on my YouTube channel LynzCraftz.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...