Thursday, November 10

A #Cre8time Celebration of Color... Dia De Los Muertos Shrine by Krisite Taylor


Hello all of you Amazing Casting lovers! Kristie Taylor here with a little Dia De Los Muertos inspiration for you! I love the Mexican holiday celebrated between October 31st and November 2nd. This multi-day holiday focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family who have died. This celebration is believed to help support their spiritual journey. Some of the traditions associated with this holiday are honoring the departed with favorite foods and beverages, bringing marigolds and offerings to the grave site as well as building shrines to honor them.


The shrines can be simple like this one...


Or quite elaborate like this one which was created to honor multiple people.


I love the bright vivid colors of this holiday which is mixed with a sort of macabre tradition of using skulls and skull like face paint to represent and honor the dead. 

So after browsing the internet and enjoying reading about the traditions of this elaborate celebration – I was inspired!


And I used all of these bright colors and vivid imagery to create this piece...


I used lots of goodies from Retro Cafe Art Gallery
and of course... Amazing Mold Putty!

  

I used Amazing Casting Resin to make these two
small frames which I transformed with colorful paints.


CLICK HERE for more photos over on my Blog, The Scrapinater!

I hope you will use your Amazing Casting Products to create your own homage to this beautiful Mexican holiday that Celebrates the dead and the living.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! ~ Kristie

To see more of my work, please visit my blog, "The Scrapinater", 
over on my YouTube Channel or on Instagram.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...