Tuesday, December 27

#Cre8time Transformations... from Resin Castoffs to Amazing Adornments by Aimée Wheaton



Is it a jar topper or a funky little tree?!! Who knows? The options are endless when you keep your castoffs and use them in unconventional ways. I started rummaging through my box of castoffs and had to think outside the box for something to create and came up with this little idea.


I will say first off I created all these pieces over time, they were made from mixing equal parts of Amazing Casting Resin that I mixed too much of. Some were dyed with Alumilite Dyes and others were just left white.


The only non-resin piece is the wooden tree shaped item. I took my hot glue gun and glued them all together with the wood piece being on top.


Here it is all glued. Next I took some gold acrylic and painted the whole thing. I added silver glitter while it was wet.

  

I had this fleur-de-lis that wasn't in the best shape, so I added some glue and then sprinkled it with purple glitter, then glued it to the front of the stacked golden tree.


So pretty!! Makes a perfect topper for my stash of vintage buttons!


Here's another idea for you!


I took another castoff that I had created... drilled a hole in the top to loop wire through and started painting! Again this was created with a dyed resin castoff.


Where this piece started from – a violet dyed resin heart.
To this I added different colors of acrylic paint.

  

I added some glitter and this little amazing pendant I created with Amazing Clear Cast Resin and glitter. I also hot glued an antique button in the center of the heart.


I'm glad I kept all of these castoffs and trinkets.
I really liked how they turned out!!

Do you keep your resin 
castoffs for future use?

Feel free to stop by my FB page to see the latest with me.

To see more of my work please visit my new blog "Life Glitter Makeup"
and also at the Aimée Wheaton Art and Design website.

Till next time! Xoxo Aimée

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...