Thursday, March 23

#Cre8time Jewels... AMAZING Art Nouveau Jewelry by Lyn Gill


Hi everyone! Lyn from LynzCraftz here with a somewhat surprising project today... jewelry! I wanted to reproduce a rather complex piece of jewelry I had just created – but this time using only resin. 

First off I'll share the original piece of jewelry I created...


Created all from polymer clay and inspired by the Designer René Lalique is unfortunately rather heavy – so I thought why not create one from Amazing Casting Resin?


First I started with the frame – I created the frame in polymer clay, baked it, then used Amazing Mold Putty to create a mold so I can reproduce in either polymer or resin {or even chocolate}. CLICK HERE to view how quick and easy moldmaking is using Amazing Mold Putty.


Then I prepared a batch of Amazing Casting Resin, poured it and let it cure {CLICK HERE to view mixing and preparation}. 


I repeated the same steps in creating a mold for the faux glass section, and this time using Amazing Clear Cast Resin with a bit of Alumilite Dye swirled in.

Looking good so far, right?


Now I can change it up. This pendant frame uses Alumilite Metallic Powder in Silver brushed into the mold before I poured Amazing Casting Resin.


For this one I decided to paint the frame a rich yummy Bronze. I love the different finishes that can be achieved this way. The look of clear or frosted glass especially comes across so nicely. This was such a fun project... I'm looking forward to the next one!

What combos could you think of?

Well that's it for today – thank you so much for stopping by... 
Till Next Time! Lyn

As usual, you can find more of my work on my blog LynzCraftz
or on YouTube LynzCraftz, or my Facebook page LynzCraftz.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...