Friday, July 14

Voyage Beneath the #Cre8time Waves! DIY Trinket Box by Lyn Gill


Hi everyone! It's Lyn here again from LynzCraftz – join me on a Cre8time journey beneath the waves with this super fun project. My "Voyage Beneath the Waves" trinket box started out as an old aquarium embellishment that had ceased to function.


I molded the underwater explorer with Amazing Mold Putty and then filled with Amazing Casting Resin and set aside to cure. CLICK HERE to view how to create a mold with Amazing Mold Putty, and CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation for the quick and easy-to-use Amazing Casting Resin.


After de-molding, I painted him with acrylic paints. 
He turned out nice – I think!


Anyway... I took a small wooden hinged box (from the craft store) and began to set the scene. I painted the box blue and added some stenciling with texture paste in the form of bubbles.


Then the box got a few more layers of acrylic paint in some underwater colors. I finished off the box with hand sculpted seaweed {using Super Sculpey }, some pearls, rhinestones, and sand mixed with an acrylic matte medium. 


What an underwater scene! This makes a great little jewelry box or gift box for something special! Amazing Mold Putty is so easy-to-use, and you can mold almost anything you can think of! Then use some Amazing Casting Resin to make something fun to use in your next project!

What will you mold next?

Well that's it for today – thank you so much for stopping by... 
Till Next Time! Lyn

As usual, you can find more of my work on my blog LynzCraftz
or on YouTube LynzCraftz, or my Facebook page LynzCraftz.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...