Monday, October 23

From the Witch's #Cre8time Cupboard... by Lyn Gill


Happy Halloween everyone! Lyn here again bringing you a fun Halloween charm just in time for your big event!


I crafted the original skull from Super Sculpey and baked it until cured (according to package directions). To prepare for molding I glued it down to the bottom of a disposable plastic cup with my hot glue gun. Then I mixed a small amount of Amazing Mold Rubber according to package directions (CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation), and then slowly poured it into the cup – covering up the skull by about a 1/2''. I set aside to let cure overnight.


After de-molding my original it is ready to fill mold with some Amazing Casting Resin. After mixing equal amounts of Parts "A" and "B", stir until swirls and cloudiness are gone, then pour into the mold. Let this cure for 10 to 20 minutes before de-molding. CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation.


While the molded resin piece is still "soft", I screwed in a screw eye to make a charm out of the skull. Then using some Black acrylic paint, I painted the whole skull and quickly (while it was still wet), wiped it back off – leaving it with an antiqued finish. 


I think it looks kinda creepy sitting on my handmade
ATC card (Artist Trading Card) and my Art Journal... 


What will you create to go
with your Halloween costume?

Well that's all for now... Till Next Time! Lyn

As usual, you can find more of my work on my blog LynzCraftz
or on YouTube LynzCraftz, or my Facebook page LynzCraftz.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •



• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...