Monday, December 4

Three #Cre8time cheers for #CarveDecember... Amazing Inspiration by Susan M. Brown {sbartist}


Hello everyone! Susan here with an AMAZING idea using Amazing Mold Rubber. I have been waiting all year to test out this idea and to share for "Carve December 2017" – a month long celebration online dedicated to 31 days of hand carved stamps using #CarveDecember dreamt up by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer author of "Carve Stamp Play".

I ruined several of my mold putty molds back last December filling them with mold rubber with the intention of using them as stamps... I  FORGOT to use a MOLD RELEASE – so I have several wonky looking yellow/pink paper weights. Inspired from watching all the amazing creative hand-carved stamps, I put these rubber blobs aside and saved them for trials with stamp carving.

So CarveDecember is 4 days in and I am dying to carve something and today's test is on the backside of one of my molds! HERE we go!


All I need is a mold with a pristine flat backside or a slab poured from Amazing Mold Rubber, a Speedball stamp carving tool, a scrap of paper and an ink pad! For my first carve I used a small rectangle of the speedball carving rubber. It's a bit stiff and will require some practice to get the hang of detailed carving. I did this to see how carving the mold rubber compared to the traditional carving media.

The mold rubber is much softer and more pliable in comparison, and doesn't require as much pressure to carve into. I have loads of molds piled up with blank canvases for carving {or for fun monoprinting shapes}. This mold is about 2 1/2" in diameter. I have divided this into a quad and I have carved two designs so far – a wonky mosaic and a curved design sort of like a rainbow. 

What are you carving for Carve December?

Happy carving!!! Stay tuned... I will try carving
one out of Amazing Mold Putty in a few days!

Thanks for visiting. If you would like to see more of my creations,
please visit my blog sbartist : painting in the dark by clicking here. ~ Susan

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...