Pages

▼

Thursday, March 23

#Cre8time Jewels... AMAZING Art Nouveau Jewelry by Lyn Gill


Hi everyone! Lyn from LynzCraftz here with a somewhat surprising project today... jewelry! I wanted to reproduce a rather complex piece of jewelry I had just created – but this time using only resin. 

First off I'll share the original piece of jewelry I created...


Created all from polymer clay and inspired by the Designer René Lalique is unfortunately rather heavy – so I thought why not create one from Amazing Casting Resin?


First I started with the frame – I created the frame in polymer clay, baked it, then used Amazing Mold Putty to create a mold so I can reproduce in either polymer or resin {or even chocolate}. CLICK HERE to view how quick and easy moldmaking is using Amazing Mold Putty.


Then I prepared a batch of Amazing Casting Resin, poured it and let it cure {CLICK HERE to view mixing and preparation}. 


I repeated the same steps in creating a mold for the faux glass section, and this time using Amazing Clear Cast Resin with a bit of Alumilite Dye swirled in.

Looking good so far, right?


Now I can change it up. This pendant frame uses Alumilite Metallic Powder in Silver brushed into the mold before I poured Amazing Casting Resin.


For this one I decided to paint the frame a rich yummy Bronze. I love the different finishes that can be achieved this way. The look of clear or frosted glass especially comes across so nicely. This was such a fun project... I'm looking forward to the next one!

What combos could you think of?

Well that's it for today – thank you so much for stopping by... 
Till Next Time! ~ Lyn

As usual, you can find more of my work on my blog LynzCraftz, 
or on YouTube LynzCraftz, or my Facebook page LynzCraftz.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment