Monday, November 28

#Cre8time Decorating for the Season... DIY Sugar Skull Wreath by Tanya Ruffin


This project was so much fun. It all started after seeing some amazing Halloween and seasonal wreaths in a store. I though it could replicate much much cheaper than the $35.00 price tag.

Dollar tree (DT) was my friend! You can find everything you need for seasonal decorating.

Supplies I used:
  • (DT) skull ice cube tray
  • 3 bunches of flowers (DT), yellow, pink and purple
  • (DT) wire flower wreath
  • (DT) pink mesh ribbon
  • (DT) rhinestones
  • Floral glitter spray paint
  • Glue Gun {or tacky glue}
  • Amazing Casting Resin
  • Red Dye for Resin
  • Extras - I used a sugar skull cookie cutter for the center piece.


Your visit to Dollar Tree will cost you about 6 bucks!


First thing I did was mix up some Amazing Casting Resin and pour into the ice cube tray. For these I mixed a tiny bit of red dye into the white resin. It came out more flesh color, but that was OK.


After those cured, I painted each with acrylic paint and embellished with rhinestones and handmade resin flowers from a previous project. The large skull was from a sugar skull cookie cutter.


Wrap the pink mesh ribbon around the wire wreath.
Use a glue gun or tacky glue to secure.


Glue flowers around the wreath.


Then the fun part... adding the sugar skulls onto the wreath! The finishing touch – spraying the wreath with glitter spray paint. Change up the colors, florals and seasonal embellishments for endless possibilities!

Tada!


How would you decorate your wreath?

Go Craft Your Own Way!
~ Tanya


Please visit my site to see more of my inspiring
creations at www.tanyaRuffin.com

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...