Tuesday, November 10

Painted Posies and #Cre8time Page Marking for #ArtJournaling by Melissa Johnson


Hello everyone! Today I'm sharing a simple technique that I used to add some color in the margin of my Bible. This technique could be used in an art journal as well. I just happened to be working through a Bible study at the moment. I've also created some fun paperclips that could be used in any journal or planner. I chose to use one of these in my Bible to hold my place. I like to use paperclips also to attach extra notes and notecards inside.


To create the artwork in the margin, I started by embossing some flowers using Versamark® ink and some embossing powder. Versamark is a clear watermark ink used for stamping, heat embossing and other mixed media effects.

 
 

Next, I used more Versamark® to stamp and then poured on Alumidust to add color. The Alumidust sticks to the wet ink, and the rest is tapped away to go back into the container.


I also used a combination of Versamark®, Alumidust, and watercolor to color in the embossed flowers. I also used some acrylic paint to add some color all around.


To create the paperclips I used Amazing Mold Putty and Amazing Casting Resin to cast some cabochons that I had in my stash.


I added some acrylic paints in fun colors
and adhered them to some jumbo paperclips.

And the final result:





How will you embellish your art journaling
with Amazing Casting Products?

Make something that makes you happy :) ~ Melissa Johnson
For more of my mixed media projects, please visit my blog.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...