Tuesday, April 24

#Cre8time Explorations... DIY Butterflies with Michele Kosciolek

Hello friends! Michele here... I am in spring cleaning mode in my craft room and came across a butterfly knob that I stashed away to mold on a rainy day. Well since I found it and it happened to be raining, I got busy molding and casting.


I used Amazing Mold Putty to mold the knob.


I sized my mold putty just a tad smaller than the knob.


Because when you push item into
the Amazing Mold Putty it will spread.


Just look at all the detail! This mold can be used a couple of ways, to mold the entire butterfly or just the wings.


Next I cast with Amazing Clear Cast Resin, but first I painted some Alumilite Pearlescent Powder in the mold.


First the pearlescent on the wings, and then
a little bronze metallic powder on the body.


I mixed the Amazing Clear Cast Resin and poured into the mold – right over the powder.


I had a bit of the resin left so I grabbed a dictionary page that I want to use as a page in a book I will be making at a workshop this month... never waste leftovers!!


For the next casting, I used Amazing Casting Resin mixed with brown Alumilite DyeI wanted it to look like Bronze so first I used the Bronze Metallic Powder in the mold.


These two casts from the same mold turned out so different!!


The Amazing Clear Cast Resin with powder...


and the Amazing Casting Resin with the metallic powder and dye.


I am really looking forward to seeing how using
 just the wings works out too. What a versatile mold!


Be on the look out for these on future projects!!

What found objects would
you mold for Cre8time play?

Thanks for sharing part of you day with us!!!
Until next time... Michele

For more projects and inspiration please visit my blog "Stuff by Belle"
or follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/michele.kosciolek

• • • • • • • • • • • • 

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...