A friend of mine served some crème brûlée one day while I was visiting, and she noted that the glass cups that the crème brûlée served in was sold pre-packaged. She wondered if I could find a use for them. Of course I took several to see what projects I could come up with. Next came not sleeping so well, but often in the middle of the night I get great art ideas.
One of those ideas was turning the crème brûlée cups into miniature ponds. However as lack of sleep is known to play funny tricks on the mind, instead of normal fish I thought of Koi fish looking like "Blinky the Three-Eyed Fish™" from The Simpsons™ swimming merrily in the ponds. With all this inspiration I just had to make them!
- Amazing Clear Cast Resin
- Alumilite's 4 Piece Carver Set
- Small glass or plastic cups, I used crème brûlée cups
- Stir Sticks
- Craft Knife
- Premo Polymer Clay: Translucent, Orange, Green, White and Black
- Multi Surface Chalk Paint Grey
- Thin strips of green paper or plastic
- Cosmetic Sponge
- Clay Craft Blade
- Flocking Fiber Green