Thursday, November 19

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star... #Cre8time Resin Suncatchers by Bridget Cordero


As everyone prepares for Thanksgiving I'm still having a hard time letting go of summer and the warm, sunny weather. So to keep the sun shining through I created these cute sun catchers using Amazing Remelt, Amazing Clear Cast Resin and some bling.


To get started I found two metal cookie cutters, a star and a moon and melted some Amazing Remelt in the microwave. It takes about 2 minutes to melt one container – but this will also depend on your microwave. I normally start off at 1 minute and go from there.


Once liquefied I placed the cookie cutters into the
dish and put it in the freezer to harden.


When the Amazing Remelt was completely hardened I removed the cookie cutters and the center Remelt pieces. The negative voids will be my mold for the Amazing Clear Cast Resin.


I laid a piece of deli paper under my mold and sprayed it with mold release. I then made up a batch of Amazing Clear Cast Resin and poured it into the mold {CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}. As it was curing I sprinkled glitter, micro beads and shaped glitter into the resin.


After they cured about 24 hours, I popped them from the molds and decorated the tops of them with bling and eyelashes on the moons. Then I drilled a hole and laced with thread to hang them.


What cookie cutter shapes will you
transform into suncatchers?

I appreciate you checking out my project! If you’d like
to see more of my creations, please stop by my YouTube Channel

• • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...