Tuesday, February 14

How do You #Cre8time Love Thee... Valentine's Day Conversation Hearts by Lyn Gill


Hi everyone! Lyn Gill here again – Let's have a conversation about... what else, "Conversation Hearts"! A quaint Valentine's tradition, these little candy hearts with a message for your loved one inscribed on the front. So why not create them in resin?


First I sculpted the hearts out of Super Sculpey. I made them double-sided so I could mold two off of each heart.


Using Amazing Mold Putty, I created a mold for each side of my sculpted hearts. I then mixed up Amazing Casting Resin with some Alumilite Dye in two cups – one colored red and one pink. In a third cup I left some resin uncolored, then poured into the molds and let cure. After cured and removed, I mixed up some Amazing Clear Cast Resin with some Alumilite Dye in Red and some red glitter to make the last two hearts.


I used acrylic paint to fill in the lettering with a fine detail brush. I created a bowl using Cat Kerr's demo from CHA using an embossing folder and Amazing Casting Resin, with resin formed over a bowl while still pliable. What a super cute & fun project!

What Valentine's Day projects
have you come up with this year?

Well thank you so much for stopping by... Till Next Time! Lyn

As usual, you can find more of my work on my blog LynzCraftz
or on YouTube LynzCraftz, or my Facebook page LynzCraftz.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...