Friday, February 24

Dress up your #Cre8time... Bejeweled Hair Clip by Aimée Wheaton


Hi all! Aimée here today to share this little sweet piece created from broken costume jewelry. I thought I'd mold it to see how the Amazing Mold Putty would do and it didn't fail!! Check out the details below!


I was bummed when this broke, but I kept it to use for molds. I'm sure I'll use the pieces for other projects.

  

I mixed two equal parts of Amazing Mold Putty and formed it around the gem {CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}. The photo on right shows the awesome detail it picked up. I love how it caught all the facets of the gems.


Next, I took some cotton swabs and colored in each individual gem with some Alumidust. I chose copper, bright blue and deep purple.


Detail of all the different shades.


I mixed equal parts of the quick curing Amazing Casting Resin {CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}. It cures in no time!! I demolded and below is what you see :)

Add some hot glue and add it to an alligator clip and it's done! 


This would be great for customizing outfits with matching accessories!


I also wanted to share this amazing casting of pony beads on a piece of yarn. I love how amazing the Amazing Mold Putty is!!!

Let's see what you can create
with your broken treasures,
Amazing Mold Putty
and Amazing Casting Resin!

Feel free to stop by my FB page to see the latest with me.

To see more of my work please visit my new blog "Life Glitter Makeup"
and also at the Aimée Wheaton Art and Design website.

Till next time! Xoxo Aimée

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...