Wednesday, October 14

#Cre8time Upcyling Transformations... Ice Pack to #Sugarskull Blank by Brenda Burfeind


Hello crafties! Brenda here from Creativity is a State of Mind and I'm excited to show you something cute with today's post. I've been trying to get ready for Halloween and while digging through my Halloween stash, I found this ice pack I had received last year! I have no need for ice packs, so in my Halloween crafty stash is went. Well, when I found it this year I had a little lightbulb moment.


I had to freeze the ice pack because if I tried molding it while it was jelly I wasn't sure how it would form. After it was frozen, I created a mold of it by pressing it into a prepared batch of Amazing Mold Putty {CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}.


I created the piece using Amazing Casting Resin
{CLICK HERE to see mixing instructions}.


After about 5 minutes the piece was cured and I drew my design with a pencil right onto the resin. That's what I so love about these resin pieces also... you can draw and color directly onto them!


Then I had fun coloring it in with my markers of all sorts.

I think I will put a magnet on the backside and have a new embellishment for my refrigerator! I know I'm not that good on coloring but I plan to make a couple more of these blanks and giving them out on Halloween to the neighborhood trick-or-treaters with some candy of course!

I hope you've enjoyed my post today and I can't wait to show you something I have in the works for next time.
Thanks for stopping by and until next time, Brenda saying "see you soon"!

Visit my blog, Creativity is a State of Mind to see some more of my creations.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...