Wednesday, October 28

Transform #Cre8time leftovers into Spooky Shrines... by Maria Soto

Hi there, this is Maria and today I want you to take a look at the resin pieces you have created and find other ways to use them. I've been really working a lot with skulls this month. I've never been so inspired by Halloween and the Day of the Dead like this before. This year I've done so much – its crazy to see all the different types and sizes of skulls I've created using resin.

I have this resin skull I made with the Amazing Clear Cast Resin – it was a test piece to see how the skull would come out using this resin. I usually work with the Amazing Casting Resin because I like the white opaque resin so I can paint it my way. I chose not to use it since the project I made last month required a lot of color, so I just put this clear skull aside for later. 


Well it was time to craft something with this clear resin skull. As I looked around, I noticed the tiny metal frames I got at the Dollar Store and thought why not frame it outside the glass. I gather all types of leftovers from other projects and put together a tiny little frame that now sits on my desk at the office. I have so many skulls that I think I'm going to be crafting with these even after the month is over, maybe I'll make next years projects now. You can see in the photo the mold I made from Amazing Mold Putty and a white plastic skull.


Here is the finished frame. I love the fact that its small, too! I really liked how it came out – the frame was black, and I added a little bit of alcohol inks; then brushed over with a thin coat of Amazing clear cast resin to seal the alcohol ink and to make it look as if it was a glass frame instead of metal.

You can also make these into shrines, by adding the name of a loved one and something personal, to give it a meaningful touch. These are great as just a fun Halloween decorations, too –  it's all up to you as to how you want to decorate these with... there are so many possibilities. 


Here is a close up of the skull in Amazing Clear Cast ResinTo see how I made the skull used in this project, click here to jump over to view my Dia De Los Muertos Celebration Skull.

I hope that I have inspired you to go back and challenge yourself to find other ways to use your cast resin pieces... you just never know what you can come up with!

How do you decorate for Halloween?

Thanks for visiting! I invite you to stop over to my blog, "What is Creativityat http://chuy-creativity.blogspot.com to see more of my creations. Maria Soto

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

1 comment:

  1. So cute Maria, perfect project for either of these festive Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...