Wednesday, November 30

#Cre8time Relics from Ancient Times... by Lyn Gill


Hi everyone. Lyn Gill here again and today I have a real treat for you! A fun mixed-media wall plaque that I created using the Prima "Iron Orchid Designs" molds. These molds are perfect for using with resin in your designs.


First I used Amazing Casting Resin mixed with a bit of Alumilite Gold Metallic Powder in these IOD molds to create my Cherub statue.


I placed him on a plaque made with a bit of "Foam Core Board" that you can get at the craft store or even at the dollar type stores. I then added some details with modeling paste through a stencil. Once that dried, I painted the "plaque" with acrylic paints and sprays.


To this I then adhered my molded face cast in Amazing Clear Cast Resin to the painting. I added more modeling paste to create hair, then let dry once again. You may recognize this face from this my "Death Becomes Her" pendant. 


I added some glitters and some Silver Leaf to the background before covering the whole piece with Amazing Clear Cast Resin for the perfect finish! 


I'm really enjoying these IOD Molds and I think you will too. These molds can be used in many ways with so many products... and combined with Amazing Casting Resin and Amazing Clear Cast Resin – you can't go wrong... they really are the perfect pairing!


Thank you all for stopping by today! I've enjoyed sharing my process on this fun wall plaque with you...  Till Next Time! Lyn

What will you create with
Amazing Casting Resin
and these fun molds?

You can also find my work on my own blog LynzCraftz
or on YouTube LynzCraftz , or my Facebook page LynzCraftz.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...