Thursday, December 28

A #Cre8time Game of Horseshoe... AMAZING Inspiration from Brenda Burfeind


Good day Crafties! Brenda here from Creativity is a State of Mind and today I want to share some inspiration... another project I've made using a mold I created a while back! 


As you may remember... this "lucky" sign that I created
from molding/casting a real horseshoe.


Or my first horseshoe make – this red, white and blue star?
If you missed them, you can view these projects HERE.


There is a little history as to why I molded this particular horseshoe. When we bought our house we found this horseshoe among some flowers in a flower bed. My husband said, "this was going to be our LUCKY horseshoe and it needed to stay in the yard". It's very old and rusty, but it's been with us ever since (now 16 years).


I've used the same horseshoe mold filled with Amazing Casting Resin and a bit of Alumilite Dye. I rubbed the resin cast horseshoe with some paint to age and distress, then wrapped with some colored twine to create a faux twine-wrapped horseshoe to hang in my home. Now I can enjoy this "lucky" charm every day.


What I love best about Amazing Casting Resin is that once it's cured it is almost weightless. Imagine if you hung a real horseshoe on a wall in your home and it wasn't hung properly. If it would fall it could hurt someone or break something... but made with Amazing Casting Resin it is featherlight! 


You can also paint plain white resin castings to create very different variations! Wouldn't this make a wonderful rustic gift topper?!

  

Oh and by the way, my horseshoe sign made it on the new packaging for Amazing Casting Resin! I love seeing my creations on their product. You can find it at Michael's, Hobby Lobby and of course online at MoldPutty.com!

I hope I've inspired you to use the Amazing Casting Products to create your own custom home decor that is very lightweight and so easy to recreate! I've used this mold a several times now and it is still as strong and detailed as the original!

What items would you mold 
to accent your home decor?

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will come back often to see what the other designers have created!

Until next time, Happy Crafting! ~ Brenda

I invite you to stop over to my blog, Creativity is a State of Mind
to see all that I've been making. 

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...