Sunday, December 24

Frosty in a #Cre8time Winter Wonderland... by Michele Kosciolek


Holiday crafting is my FAVORITE! And in Michigan winter is a holiday! Michele here today to share some wintery molding fun!


I used Amazing Mold Rubber and Amazing Casting Resin for the snowman in this festive lantern. I started with a ceramic ornament and molded it in Amazing Mold Rubber. First, I need to build a moldbox...


I hot glued him to the lid of the rubber container.

  

Next, I used some cardboard from a box I received some crafty goodness in to create my mold box. I created a cylinder shape and secured with tape – leaving at least 1/4" around all sides of the snowman original.


Make sure you seal completely around the bottom. 
I used hot glue to seal the box to the lid.


Mix container of Amazing Mold Rubber according to the directions {CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}.


And pour until whatever you are casting is completely covered. Set aside to cure.


After the rubber is cured, gently peel away the mold box.


Pull item from mold. If needed, carefully slit down the side of the mold with a blade so you can remove what you molded.


To prepare mold for resin casting, I used rubber bands
around the mold to make sure I had a good seal.


Then filled with Amazing Casting Resin
{CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}.


In about 15 minutes the snowman is cured and ready to remove from mold! Can you see all that texture??!


I used my Copic markers to do some coloring.


Add a little snow and a tree with lights...
and a cute little deer to complete the scene.


And viola! A cute wintery scene!


A perfect little place for Frosty to spend the winter!!!

How do you decorate for the holidays?

Thanks for joining us today. Until next time... 
Happy Holidays!! ~ Michele

For more projects and inspiration please visit my blog "Stuff by Belle"
or follow on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/michele.kosciolek

• • • • • • • • • • • • 

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...