Friday, February 23

#Cre8time for Ocean Magic... by Kristie Taylor



Hello everyone! Do you ever create something and find it leads to an avalanche of ideas?! It happens to me all the time. Kristie here to share another under-the-sea creation... and how you can make some "Ocean Magic" in your Cre8time.

This all started when I was working on another mixed-media piece featuring a lovely handmade resin casting of a starfish which was an old refrigerator magnet I retired to my crafty stash {CLICK HERE if you missed it}.

Let me show you how easy it is!

First, we need a LOT of molds... a LOT! Let's start by molding some seashells with Amazing Mold Putty {CLICK HERE to view how to quick and easy it is to make a mold}. 


Remember, when making molds for mixed media, all sides of the object can be used!

 
 

Just look at all that yummy texture – and beautiful details!


I especially love this one!

Now we need castings of the seashells.


Begin with pouring equal amounts of Part "A" and Part "B" of Amazing Casting Resin {CLICK HERE to view mixing and preparation}. 


In a larger cup, combine both parts and stir for two minutes... then pour in to molds!


   

Wait until it resin cures and turns an opaque white – 
now you have amazing castings to use in your art!


I paint all the castings with gesso.


While that dries, we need to prep our substrate {for this project I've used the back of a small canvas}. Use modeling paste through a stencil. This is one of my stencil designs called "30 Point Mandala" on the outside edge.


In the center of the canvas, I used another one
of my stencil designs called "Symmetrical Waves".


Once modeling paste is dry, paint the entire surface with gesso.


Once the gesso is dry, I painted the canvas with a variety of Art Anthology paints.


I start to add the primed resin casts and painting them as I go.


On the starfish, I used a combination: first some alcohol ink,
then when dry, adding sparking minx by Art Anthology.


Then I used some metallic rubs to highlight the details.


I added some small seashells, sea glass and
some mesh to further enhance that ocean feel...

  

and more metallic rubs to highlight all the great texture on the seashells!


How's that for some "Ocean Magic"! Another undersea creation featuring my seahorse! The wonder of Amazing Mold Putty and Amazing Casting Resin – you can create a mold, and use an object more than once, in so many ways! 

What will you create using these

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Kristie

To see more of my work, please visit my blog, "The Scrapinater", 
over on my YouTube Channel or on Instagram.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...