Thursday, September 13

Crown IT!

 
There hasn't been a single moment in the past 6 months that I didn't enjoy working with this product. In fact I've poured resin or molded putty almost every single day during this time, without fail I've always had happy results with this product. Its been a SUPER POSITIVE experience from the minute I laid hands on this product.
 The following project was part of my DT submission for The Amazing Mold Putty Team. I thought you should see it here as well. Hope you enjoy it.

Now this isn't the most amazing piece I've ever created, but I've got to say, the hours of play these items have received make it "call" worthy!! The joy, smiles and over all simplicity of this creation will make ever little girl/boy in your life jump for joy, this would make a great mommy/daughter project to create and it just couldn't be easier to make. Imagine dressing up your dolls, costumes, altered pieces etc. with these crowns, how fun would that be!

- mold putty
- felt/fur trim
- glue
2 mixing pots and a stir stick
Step One
Combine Part A and Part B of the Amazing Mold Putty
Mix your putty until the putty is one solid color - do this quickly, you have a limited amount of time to work your putty. And this is a larger project, so work quickly on this step.
Step Two
Make your mold, for this crown I used some rulers and a rubber stamp. Pretty clever huh?
Set this aside and let it set up. Just roll out your putty and press the rulers into the putty in the desired style of crown you want.
Step Three
Mix your resin - pour equal parts of Part A and Part B of the Casting Resin into separate mixing parts. Combine to form one liquid and mix until clear (only a few seconds). Add silver or desired colored dye to your resin.
I used silver powder - http://www.alumilite.com/ProdDetail.cfm?Category=Support Products&Name=Alumilite Metallic Powder

Step Four
- Pour your resin into your mold and let it set up.
Step Five
Unmold your mold when its just firm enough to handle (about 10 minutes)
lay the piece over a large jar to form rounded shape. Let harden.
Step Six
To join both ends of the crown, I cheated and simply attached the fur and the felt securly in place to keep the crown in place, but it could be glued. Attach embellishments.

I hope you'll give this a try, I know that once you actually see how easy it is to work with this product, you'll be molding everything in sight. Its really that easy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...