Saturday, October 29

Dracula takes a Quick #Cre8time Bite of Halloween by Tracy Alden


Hello! Tracy here with another Amazing Casting Products tutorial! This year I am going with a vampire food theme for Halloween treats and needed to decorate cupcakes in a fast and fun way. While it would have been okay to just put plastic vampire fangs on each cupcake, I wanted to make the fangs an edible candy treat!

Supplies: 


I cleaned two child sized vampire fangs, with soap and water to prepare them for molding. I placed them on a black dinner plate so I had a smooth and contrasting surface to work on.


I mixed up some Amazing Mold Putty{CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}, and molded it around the front portions of the vampire fangs. I was careful to press the Mold Putty up against the fangs to make sure I got a good molding of the fangs.


Once the Mold Putty was cured I removed the plastic fangs. To close up the grove created by the gum portion of the vampire fangs I mixed up and pressed tiny little wads of Mold Putty into the open portion of the mold as seen in the above photo. By doing this I would be able to place melted candy into the molds with no worry of the candy leaking out the back of the fang mold.


To keep the molds upright I placed a small teacup plate inside the large dinner plate and placed the molds snug inside the dinner plate and against the teacup plate. This will keep the molds in place while the candy is piped into the molds.

Following the manufacturer instructions, I carefully melted the Wilton Candy Melts in a sandwich bag in the microwave. Once the candy was melted I snipped the end off a corner of the sandwich baggie and pipped the candy into the molds. 

**A TIP** Make sure the candy is completely cooled before removing from the mold to make sure you don't break off a fang. A quick trip in the refrigerator is a sure way to help your candy along!


I made up a batch of Red Velvet cupcakes, applied blue-grey tinted icing, dribbled some Wilton Blood Red Glitter Gel Icing and carefully placed a set of candy fangs on each cupcake.


I had so much fun making the candy fangs, I made more than I needed for the cupcakes – the extra fangs made a fun addition to cranberry cocktails! 

What amazing Halloween
crafts can you create?

Visit my blog Art Resurrected for more craft tutorials!

Until next time, safe travels! ~ Tracy

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...