Sunday, October 14
For my DT project this month, I thought it would be fun to make something for gift giving. Something easy, quick and inexpensive, cause WE ALL want to save time & money.....but still give a GREAT GIFT! I think this will help you out this holiday season.
Here's what you will need
- Amazing Mold Putty
- 5 minute Casting Resin
- exacto knife
- earring loops & some wire.
Here's what we're making - these earrings and let me tell you they look stunning on!
1. First you want to mix equal parts of The Amazing Mold Putty
2. Form the mold putty around the shaft of a pen. Make your mold putty go about 1/2 of the way up the pen as shown below. Let the mold putty set up (about 5-10 minutes)
3. Remove the pen. Mix equal parts of the 5 minute Casting Resin and pour into the pen mold.
4. Let the resin set-up for about 5-8 minutes in the mold
remove from the mold (it should be slightly warm)
5. Cut the resin into the desired earring size.
6. Place earring ends into the resin (again, while still warm)
Let this all harden.
7. Place rub-ons ON in desired style, add metal if desired.
8. Dip the finished earrings into 3D Crystal Lacquer for a smooth finished, shiney look.
See the complete how-to video right here