Friday, June 27

Having a Little #Cre8time Tea with my Amazing Mold Putty... a tutorial by Tracy Alden


Hello! Tracy here with another Amazing Crafting Products tutorial! I am a big miniature crafting fan, always on the hunt looking for new ways to incorporate mini charms, sculptures and embellishments. While there are many paper crafting embellishments on the market, I often can't find key shapes and colors. So I decided to make my own with the help of Amazing Mold Putty and some embossing powder!

Supplies: 
  • Amazing Mold Putty
  • Embossing powders in several colors 
  • Polymer clay 
  • Stylus 
  • Craft Knife 
  • Ceramic Tile 


I cut and shaped the base of my embellishments out of polymer clay on a ceramic tile. After I baked the polymer clay, I lightly sanded and trimmed the edges of the pieces with a craft knife and an emery board.


I wanted to go really small with the detail, this way I could use these embellishments on small tags, jewelry and even miniature scenes in the future. To give you an idea of how small I went here are the polymer clay pieces next to an American penny.


I placed the polymer clay originals flat side down and mixed up some Amazing Mold Putty {CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation}. Because the pieces were so small I had to mix up small batches of Mold Putty one at a time to make sure I molded each piece properly. 


I picked out some of my favorite embossing powder colors and filled each mold with powder all the way to the top. I placed them on a ceramic tile and then put them in a toaster oven at 275º Fahrenheit for a few minutes until the embossing powder melted {YES... Amazing Mold Putty is heat safe up to 395º F}. In the process of melting the embossing powder reduced in size so I added more powder to the molds and put them into the toaster oven for a few more minutes.


Once the embossing powder embellishments cooled, they were easy to remove from the molds and any excess melted powder was easy to break off with my fingers.


Using some chipboard tags, acrylic paint, markers and the new embellishments I created tags, miniature signs and mixed media elements. Using the same molds I could cast embellishments out of Amazing Clear Cast Resin or Amazing Casting Resin to use in jewelry!

What AMAZING arts and crafts can you create?

Please share them on the user GALLERY on the Amazing Mold Putty Website!

Visit my blog Art Resurrected for more craft tutorials!
Until next time, safe travels! ~ Tracy
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Don't miss a single post!
Please subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at @AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Cat and Rachel! :) I am now going through my other molds to see what else I can cast in embossing powder.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...