Saturday, October 10

The Moon of the Wolf... by Guest Designer Lyn Gill

"The Moon of the Wolf"

Hi, Lyn here and I've been having so much fun getting ready for Halloween. How about you? I have a Spooky Halloween project for you today.

  

First I started off with a polymer clay wolfs head that I hand sculpted. I used Amazing Mold Putty to form a mold around the piece and let it set up.

Then I removed the original – I love this part don't ask me why... LOL. I just love how perfectly the Amazing Mold Putty captures the details I work into my pieces.


I then quickly mixed my Amazing Casting Resin with the Alumilite Dye in Black. You could even dust the mold with some Alumilite Metallic Powder in Gunmetal for a little shimmer. Then before the resin sets up, I place 2 handmade bails (just twisted wire bails) in the ears so I would be able to hang the piece from the moon which I also created from polymer clay.


Here's a look at the original and the Amazing Casting Resin piece. I think it really turned out nice, don't you? I hope this will give you a little inspiration for this Halloween Season – a spooky little Treat from me to you!

• • • • • • • • • • • • 


• • • • • • • • • • • • 

Please comment below and give our AMAZING Guest Creative Lyn Gill some love. Be sure to stop back for a visit next Friday for more from Lyn. Please visit her blog, "LynzCraftzto see more of her work. You can also follow Lyn on her YouTube Channel at LynzCraftz | and on her Facebook Page LynzCraftz.


• • • • • • • • • • • • 

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

2 comments:

  1. It's a great idea to capture your original sculpting in a mold to use over and over. Good work Lyn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work Lyn! I want to get some Amazing Molding Putty at some point. I love the detail it captures from your creations! Congratulations on being a Guest Designer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...