Wednesday, June 10

Ignite your #Cre8time Gifts for Father's Day... Dollar Store Frame REDUX by Tanya Ruffin


Resin~ate the Love by making this adorable "Dads and Boys, Have the Same Toys" Father's Day Picture frame.


Start with a Dollar Store frame and toy truck.


Because I am such a lazy crafter, I decided to try to mold both sides of the truck at once with some Amazing Mold Putty. CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation.


Came out pretty good, if I do say so myself!


I brushed the inside of the mold with Deep Red Alumidust.


Just about everything I cast I start by mixing in some black Alumilite Dye into the Amazing Casting Resin. CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation.


I love how they turned out! I added some silver Rub 'n Buff® for extra roughness!


I used an Etsy purchased compass mold to cast another embellishment.


I need something else that kind of represented the truck. My first attempt was to make tread marks but the wheels on this truck were smooth, so that was a bust. My next idea was to use my hubby's truck key, but that had a giant fob on it that looked rather blah... so I settled on just an ol' generic key.


Not bad! The resin key looks almost as good as the real one! I actually walked out of my craft room and asked hubby if this could turn a lock. He doubted it, but I am not so sure!


Detail of the truck on the frame.


Pieces being glued in place. I couldn't help to add my bestie's beautiful baby to the frame. And since we are in Louisiana, the ever present Fleur de Lis was added too.

What fun things will you create for Dad

Now, go Craft Your Own Way... 

( i'm always thinking... you can go your own way... go your own way..... you can call it another lonely day....)




with 




Please visit my site to see more of my inspiring creations at www.tanyaRuffin.com

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...