Friday, January 27

#Cre8time Fashion Forward... #DIY Floral Hat Pin by Aimée Wheaton


Create these painterly flowers to add flair to your hats or scarves.

Hello, creatives! Aimée here today sharing a new project that was a test for me. I wanted to see if I could create a larger mold out of smaller molded objects glued together and I'm happy to say that my Amazing Casting Products didn't fail the test!!

I really had a lot of fun with this project – it is so versatile. My original thought was to drill holes on both sides and create a cuff necklace. I may still experiment with that. I've never combined molded/cast items to create a larger molded piece so I was really excited when it worked for me.

So here we go!

 

The first thing I did was to create a mold of this metal leaf I had cut off of a home decor piece. I mixed two equal parts of Part "A" and Part "B" of Amazing Mold Putty and formed it around the leaf. CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation.


You can see the impression here. :) It's a reusable mold now.


Next, I mixed equal parts of Amazing Casting Resin and poured into the different flowers molds I had (from previous projects) to create different flowers. CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation.


I love molding flowers apparently! When the resin cured I arranged them in a resin bouquet and hot glued them together to arrange one solid piece. I could have stopped here – but I wanted to take it one step further...


So I used Amazing Mold Putty again to create a larger mold of these united all together as one piece. You can see the glued piece, the solid piece, and the mold together here!


I filled this new mold with Amazing Casting Resin.


This results in a beautiful opaque white resin piece... a blank canvas for embellishing! I painted the solid piece with acrylic paint and added some blingy glitter. I sealed it with a varnish and then glued on a pin back so it can be used on a hat.

Here it is!!


I like how Frida Kahlo-esque it looks!


What do you think?

Let's see what you can
create by combining molds!

Feel free to stop by my FB page to see the latest with me.

To see more of my work please visit my new blog "Life Glitter Makeup"
and also at the Aimée Wheaton Art and Design website.

Till next time! Xoxo Aimée

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...