Thursday, February 6

My SweetHeart Valentine... AMAZING Freeform Pendant by Maria Soto


Hi there, this is Maria bringing you a new project. Well it's February, and Valentine's day is just around the corner, so I thought it would be nice to make a jewelry project. I thought I could add lots of beads or a photo, but decided to just go ahead and play with lots of stuff and see what would come out.

Here is what I used:


First thing I did is cut up two pieces of the Wausau paper, one pink and orange and the other a cream and yellow, to fit inside the heart, but not to cover it completely. I took some of the Alumilite Fluorescent "Flo" Red Dye and using my finger, applied some on the edge and the inside of the heart, I want some of the metal to show.


Next step, was mixing the Amazing Clear Cast Resin. It comes with a part "A" and part "B"– the key is to use the same amount of each; otherwise your resin will not cure. CLICK HERE to view how to prepare/mix Amazing Clear Cast Resin. I had plans to do something else so I mixed a full measuring cup each of parts "A" & "B", then I covered the Wausau paper with resin completely using the wood stick. 


I was not sure which way I was going, but wanted to see the effect of the resin on the paper... let's just say I should have used a few more pieces of paper. In the photo below you see the red paper already placed on one side of the heart and the cream with yellow Wausau paper getting placed on the other side of the heart. The resin paper creates interesting texture in the translucent layers.


Next was adding some more embellishments to the inside of the heart – trying to not add to much. I cut up a tiny lace flower, got some rhinestones in their metal setting and a small piece of thin red wire, I used the wire to make a tiny heart. 


I added a little bit of the mixed Amazing Clear Cast Resin inside the heart with the wood stick – letting the resin spread out on its own. Then I placed the embellishments. Lastly, I dropped some Ranger Festive Berries Distress Glitter on some areas of the heart. To finish it up, I added a silver chain and a crystal bead charm and it is now ready to be worn.


I hope I have inspired you to get creative for Valentine's Day, or any other holiday. The Amazing Clear Cast Resin gave this necklace piece a glass-like finished look. 

What would you LOVE to mold?

Thank you for stopping by and don't forget to check out projects from all the other designer's here and sign up to get email alerts... that's how you will always know what we're up to.

I invite you to stop over to my blog "What is Creativity"at
at http://chuy-creativity.blogspot.com to see more of my creations. Maria Soto

• • • • • • • • • •


CLICK HERE for Details how you can enter to WIN!

6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...