Wednesday, February 5

Good Health and Memories Wall Plaque... AMAZING Inspiration by Tracy Alden



Hello! Tracy here again with another inspiration post! A family tradition and a happy accident while working with Amazing Mold Putty are my inspirations for today's project! 

As a child I often heard at family gatherings the Italian word Salute (pronounced Sah-Loot-eh), a common toast wishing those in attendance well-being and good health. While there are many commercially made wall plaques with this word imprinted in it, I wanted to make my own version more fitting for my country style kitchen. 

I had noticed recently if I apply Amazing Mold Putty in smaller portions (instead of one big chunk) to larger pieces with deep impressions I get really good detail. Amazing Mold Putty will easily bond to itself but if you do not press the putty tightly against each other small joining seams will be noticeable in the final casting. However since I wanted to create a vintage look to my wall plaque I was going to use the seams to my advantage!


Starting off with a thick piece of polymer clay as the base of my wall plaque, I carved in the word Salute. To create the look of old stucco I pressed a toothbrush into the surface of the clay to give it a wonderful bumpy and textured surface.


After I added some little thin pieces of clay for vines, leaves and grapes
for accents. I used a craft knife to carve cracks into the surface
of the plaque to give the illusion of age.


I wanted this mold to cast really rustic and cracked surface so I applied the Amazing Mold Putty in small sections to create little seam lines.


As you can see with the final mold, I was able to get very fine detail of my original and wonderful new texture thanks to the Amazing Mold Putty.


Once I cast my plaque using Amazing Casting Resin, I painted it with acrylic paints to match my kitchen. Using this same technique I can create so many other saying and decorative wall plaques.

What AMAZING arts and crafts
are you inspired to create???

Please share them on the User GALLERY on the Amazing Mold Putty Website!

Visit my blog Art Resurrected for more craft tutorials!
Until next time, safe travels! ~ Tracy

• • • • • • • • • •



CLICK HERE for Details how you can enter to WIN!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful plaque, and thank you for the AMAZING tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love love this idea. Great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool technique and love the plaque! It will work in my kitchen, too. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...