Tuesday, February 25

For the LOVE of SHARKS!!! Steampunkified Shark Brooch by Tanya Ruffin

Amazing Mold Putty- Tanya Ruffin

I know we still have a little ways to go, but this project would be great for Shark Week. For those interested - there's even a countdown for Shark Week! I think it is a just a groovy steampunky pin. The process was easy and I love the end results.

Materials:

Plastic shark
Plastic heart frame
Lace Ribbon
Pin back

Directions:

I already had a heart shaped frame cast and wanted to use in a unconventional design. So I purchased a plastic shark with the idea to cast the head. Check out your discount store toy aisles and...

Let your mind go!

Amazing Mold Putty- Tanya Ruffin

I made a mold of the head, just up to the side fin and then cast the mold.

Amazing Mold Putty- Tanya Ruffin

After I removed it from the mold, I didn't like how it sat on the frame so I took out my handy dandy file and took some off the side. 

I used some copper, silver and ebony Rub 'n Buff® on the shark and the heart frame. I then glued the lace ribbon around the back to give it that Victorian look. 

Amazing Mold Putty- Tanya Ruffin

You can glue the pin back on now or wait until the glue sets up. I waited.

Now you have your very own steampunkified shark brooch, perfect for your Shark Week formal gathering or anywhere else this cool pin would go!

Amazing Mold Putty- Tanya Ruffin

What is your crazy spin?

Until next time! ~ Tanya

Please visit my site to see more of my inspiring creations at www.tanyaRuffin.com




• • • • • • • • • •


CLICK HERE for Details how you can enter to WIN!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...