Thursday, March 5

Love Stinks -or- Happy V(oodoo doll) Day...
by Tanya Ruffin


Love Stinks, yeah yeah... So says J. Geil's Band!

Valentine's Day had us all thinking of love, hearts, roses, butterflies and all things lovely... well, not all of us. I know the day has come and passed, but I still wanted to share.

Living in Louisiana, I need to look at the dark side. OK it usually is the quirky side, but for Valentine's Day I thought of a voodoo doll!


Using some mini cookie cutters (or polymer clay cutters), I used a gingerbread cutter and made it into a voodoo doll.


First stick the cutter to some packing tape or duct tape. Make sure to burnish the edge to the tape well. Spray generously with mold release. Mix Amazing Casting Resin and pour into the prepared shapes. I added Alumilite Red Dye to my resin. Once cured, pop out the resin. I cut two sewing pins and glued them to the top. Add red glitter. Glue a pin back or bail to the back.

Tada!

This is so fun it could be worn anytime.


  Happy V (oodoo) Day!


Craft Your Own Way! ~ Tanya

Tanya Ruffin with Create Studios

Please visit my site to see more of my inspiring creations at www.tanyaRuffin.com





• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...