Monday, March 16

Light up the KNIGHT! Resin Night Light REDUX by Tanya Ruffin


My middle name is my mother's maiden name – Knight... so I am always on the look out for anything with a knight on it. Perhaps this is why I went back to school for medieval art history. Anyway, I digress (as usual) – this Mardi Gras, I caught a bead that had a light up knight... of course I had to make something with it! This project is a Knight Light.

I created a mold using Amazing Mold Rubber.
CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation.

No matter how I tried, my knight would not stayed taped or glued down to the plastic container. I think it was because it was a soft plastic. I just kept poking it down with a craft stick and finally I sucked the last bit of fight out of him and drowned the resilient knight. He stayed down and created a nice mold.


I also made a mold of some other catches. I can't wait to use the cherries!

Using some of the Amazing Casting Products Alumidust – I dusted the inside of the mold with the gold Alumidust. 


Following the directions, I mixed up some Amazing Clear Cast Resin and poured the mold. CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation.


The knight looks a little like C3PO in this bright gold but when lit up it looks amazing! I purchased a Dollar Store night light and my hubby cut the plastic shield down about 2 inches. 


Using E6000®, I glued the knight to the front of the night light shielding.


it just enough color to give a slight golden light. 

I just LOVE the result! 

What would you cast in
to light up your night?

Craft Your Own Way! ~ Tanya


Tanya Ruffin with Create Studios

Please visit my site to see more of my inspiring creations at www.tanyaRuffin.com





• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...