Wednesday, March 11

Custom Carved Creations... #DIY Inspirational Keychain by Brenda Burfeind


Good day friends! Brenda here from Creativity is a State of Mind to share my custom keychain. I wanted a keychain that read "Live Laugh Love", just because I LOVE that saying. I've checked around and could probably spend $8 - $10 on one... but why should I when I can make it myself and the way I want it to look? I started experimenting with a Creative Paperclay® piece I had in my stash of unused projects. When I create I always create multiples of things and ALWAYS have left overs that go into a box. Whether it is a unfinished resin piece, half finished or dried paperclay pieces. You never know when inspiration will hit you!


So, again, I started out with my piece of dried paperclay and wrote "Live Laugh Love" with a pencil directly onto the piece. Works quite well as a matter of fact!

   

Then I brought out my Dremel tool, and with the tiniest adaption I SLOWLY traced the lettering! I gave it just enough indentation to give it detail. After I traced all my letters I sanded the entire piece to get rid of any imperfections.


Then I mixed up my Amazing Mold Putty (you can view mixing instructions HERE) and pressed my paperclay piece into it and let that set up for about 10 minutes. My "craftroom" is very cold and sometimes the mold putty needs to cure a bit longer than in warmer places.


After it was all set up, I gently pulled my paperclay piece out,
and was very excited about all the detail. 


I then mixed up my Amazing Casting Resin (instructions for mixing that up is HERE) and poured my mold. After that cured in about 20 minutes (again it totally depends on the climate where you are) I pulled my resin piece out. AWESOME!


I painted the entire piece with some purple acrylic paint and rubbed most of it off with a paper towel – revealing the color down in the recessed letters.


Then I rubbed some Alumilite Gun Metal Metallic Powder over the entire piece. I wanted the purple to be the lettering. I am so thrilled with the outcome! I used my Dremel again to bore a hole and added a silver keychain to it – now I have my own custom made keyring to add to my key.


I hope I've inspired you to create something uniquely yours. 
It's kinda fun knowing that that is my handwriting on that keychain. 

What SAYING would you put
on your own custom keychain?

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave me a comment and hop on over to my blog, Creativity is a State of Mind to see some more of my creations. Until next time Brenda

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...