Monday, March 26

#Cre8time Egg Decorating... AMAZING Easter Ornaments by Tracy Krueger

Hello, it's Tracy here! Being that Easter is right around the corner, I was trying to think of a quick and fun Egg decorating project. My kids are grown so we don't decorate real eggs anymore.


Then the simplest idea came to me! I have a mold that I had made out of a cut piece of brass (to make a Christmas ornament) and it has an Egg shape. I first mixed two equal parts of Amazing Casting Resin and poured it into my mold to give it a "egg base". I just love watching the Casting Resin cure... don't you :-)


After this base egg cured (I gave it about 15 minutes), I gathered three of my Alumilite Dyes that would be good for Easter – Blue, Purple and Yellow. I poured out very small equal portions of Amazing Casting Resin and squeezed out a tiny drop of each color into part "A" of the resin, then stirred color completely before adding part "B". CLICK HERE to view mixing/preparation.


The first color I mixed up was the yellow, and poured
random lines on top of my white cured resin.


As the yellow was curing, I was thinking "there has to be a better way to have more control over the colored resin". Awhile back I bought a bunch of disposable pipettes, so after the yellow cured, I mixed up the blue dyed resin and used the pipette to draw where I wanted my colored resin to go. It worked beautifully! I just love how I got some green where the blue was over the yellow.


Now I just had purple left. I mixed it up and used another pipette to squeeze the purple where I wanted. As always I kept a spare mold around to pour the extra resin in.


Once I was done applying the three resin colors, I let the whole thing cure for a couple of hours to make sure everything was set totally.


I took it out of the mold and trimmed the back a little, then drilled a hole in the top. I grabbed my sari ribbons and cut a small piece of a greenish/blue colored one.


I really like how this turned out.
It has kind of a watercolor look about it.


Isn't it fun that you can mix up your Holidays and make decorations for both?! I had quite a few more ideas, but have had a hard time getting them to come to fruition. I'll be back soon to share a few of my bad EGGS. 

How are you decorating for Easter?

Have fun! ~ Tracy

You can find more of my work on my Blog:
http://tracykrueger-nine.blogspot.com/2017/

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...