Tuesday, September 22

I'm Melting... I'm Melting!!! #DIY Wicked Witch Cookies by Tanya Ruffin


I am gearing up for Halloween craft classes at my studio in Baton Rouge and thought of something fun to do using a Wicked Witch from the Wizard of Oz doll! This involved making two molds – the first mold was made using Amazing Mold Putty and the second used Amazing Remelt!


Step one was mold the head of the witch with Amazing Mold Putty.


I then cast 4 heads with Amazing Casting Resin. They are dyed black because I am going to re-purpose the heads later in another project. Using a hot glue gun, I glued the heads to a small tray. Next, I microwaved the Remelt (follow the directions on the lid - CLICK HERE to view). Then I poured melted material over the resin heads making sure to completely cover. Now you wait... I placed mine in the freezer for a few minutes to quickly set up.


This is what my food safe mold looks like!!


Now melt your candy melts (following the
directions on the bag), and pour into the mold.


Slap this puppy in the freezer for a few minutes
to harden the candy and then pop out!


I spooned some melted candy on the cookies first to glue the heads in place. I thought that without painted eyes it was hard to tell this was the wicked witch front – so on two cookies I tilted her head sideways and placed in the microwave to "melt" it a little more.

The profile REALLY looks like her!!!


These were so much fun. I am going to have to make
a stash of green candy heads to save for Halloween!


They look very lovely on a Halloween platter!

Now to figure out what to make a realistic edible broom out of??

Craft Your Own Way! ~ Tanya






Please visit my site to see more of my inspiring creations at www.tanyaRuffin.com

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCasting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...