Saturday, April 26

A Case of Inspiration by Rachel Whetzel

Hello, Creatives!! Rachel Whetzel, here, with a little inspiration for you this month!! Recently, hubby and I got NEW PHONES.

They came with really great sturdy cases from Otterbox, but they were BLACK. Black is great for the hubby, but I wanted something PRETTIER... There weren't any other color choices at Costco when we got the phones, and when I priced a prettier comparable case, I got a bit of sticker shock. Too much money for me to justify buying a new one, when the one I had was perfectly good, just not nice to look at. Then it hit me. I could decorate the hard shell of the Otterbox, and MAKE it pretty!!


I took a case that looked like this one:


Then I spray painted the plastic with some plastic friendly red spray paint, and got to work covering the rest with cool vintage ephemera papers, bits, paints and a vintage pin that I hammered flat. Once I was done, I coated it with Amazing Clear Cast Resin, and let it cure. The result is a super cool, ONE OF A KIND, totally ME cell phone case that is also waterproof!! You could do this with ANY cell phone case. Just make sure that the piece you apply your art to is made of hard plastic!! 


Thank you for reading! Want to see more of what I'm up to?
Visit me on PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM, or like MY PAGE on Facebook!
Thanks for stopping by! ~ rachel

• • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

3 comments:

  1. I love this... I am totally giving a redux to my teal and purple iPhone otterbox. Thanks for the amazing inspiration Rachel!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...