Friday, July 24

Kimberly N.... An AMAZING Guest Designer Spotlight


Greetings AMAZING Crafters! Today we have a fun questionnaire that we posed to our Guest Designer Kimberly N.! Have fun getting to know her a little better and enjoy her amazing jeweled eye candy, too! CLICK HERE if you missed her fun canvas tutorial using Amazing Mold Putty and Amazing Casting Resin from last week. :) Sb

A little bit about Kimberly N.

Hi my name is Kimberly N. – I am married to my junior high school sweetheart and I have three amazing boys, two beautiful daughters in-laws, one grandson and two granddaughters. I started crafting about 9 years ago... I started out with a Cricut then expanded from there. I enjoy altering the unexpected and I LOVE playing with mixed-media art. My creative style can best be described as being vintage-distress, as I love combining vintage and Steampunk.


A little about my pendant. I created this adorable heart necklace for my best friends birthday. I wanted to give her something special she can carry with her when she's having a bad day and needs to remember she has a crazy fun friend that will sparkle her with giggles when she's down. So I took my necklace that she bought me years ago and molded it with Amazing Mold Putty then I took out some alphabet brads to make the BF. I dusted the mold with Alumilite Gold and Silver Metallic Powders, added some beads into the mold then poured in some Amazing Casting Resin. While curing, I pressed in the alpha brads. I removed pendant and finished off with Canvas Corp. waxed cotton cord.


Some fun questions for the inquiring minds...

• • • • •

What did you want to be when you grew up?
"I wanted to be a interior designer."

Coke or Pepsi???
"This is a funny question because it depends on my mood. Some days I'm all about the Pepsi when I need a extra jolt of sugars with my caffeine... but Coke is my all time favorite – not too sweet just right!"

What inspires you?
"Hmmmm, lets see what inspires me. Well it can be the most simple things – like drinking a cup of coffee... and that a-ha moment comes to me! I also love looking on Pinterest if I really need to get inspired to create something fun... to wisk myself away into another world for just one moment and take off on a creative journey. "

What is the TOP thing to do on your "Bucket LIST"?

"You probably won't believe this, but I'm scared to have a bucket list. I live for today and enjoy every moment of life that I can as if tomorrow will never come. It would be fun to someday skydive... with my hubby before we get old and brittle."

If you could print any phrase
on a T-shirt, what would it say?
"Live life for today..."

If you could mold ANYTHING with
Amazing Mold Putty, what would it be?
"Seriously I took myself on a little journey thinking oh my gosh what would I mold... if I could mold ANYTHING?? I SO would mold myself so I could be in two places at once LOL. Then I would mold what unconditional love feels like and share it with the world! "

What style of music gets your creative juices going?
"I'm not really a music kinda of person. I love to have the window open to here the birds and the children in the back ground whistling and giggling no TV no music... so my creative mind can be whisked away into a relaxing fun place."


• • • • • • • • • • • • 

Thanks so much for dropping by! Be sure to stop back for a visit next Friday for some more inspiration from Kimberly. Please visit "Scraps of Inspired Art" to see more of Kimberly's work or on her blog HERE

Have a fabulous day! :) Sb

• • • • • • • • • • • • 

Don't forget to subscribe to our blog on the right side bar:
Twitter at AmazingCrafting | Facebook at AmazingMoldPutty | YouTube at AmazingMoldPutty

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...